Will all those playing in the Society of Essex Lady Captains Autumn Meeting at Chelmsford Golf Club on Thursday 21 September please register by no later than 11.40. If you are held up on the day please send a text message to Carol Bell (mobile 07784 244172) or Dot Greaves (mobile 07941 840965), giving your estimated time of arrival. Bacon rolls and coffee will be available from around 11.00. First tee time is 12.30 pm. A list of those playing can be downloaded below, can members please ensure that others at your club are aware of the details. If you need to cancel your place please contact Jane Collier preferably via email email@example.com or alternatively telephone Jane on 01621 893644, in either case please ensure you receive confirmation of your cancelation. There will be no half way hut. The evening meal is salmon, white wine sauce, crushed new potatoes and wilted spinach, followed by a trio of desserts (chocolate brownie, banoffee pie and cheese cake. If you have any special dietary requirements you must contact the club direct (01245 254905), in advance of the meeting, to ensure you are properly catered for. Buggies are available to hire at £30. If you intend to book a buggy please contact Jane Collier contact details above and we will try to put you in a group with another lady who wants a buggy.
Please note the following dress code and rules at Chelmsford:
On The Course – Ladies
- Denim wear is not permitted on the course.
- Caps/visors must be worn peak to the front.
- Shirts with or without sleeves are acceptable but must have collars. Turtle neck design is permitted. Tailored shirts designed to be worn outside skirts, trousers or shorts are allowed. Tank tops, tube tops and halter neck tops are prohibited.
- Shorts/skirts/skorts/trousers and culottes should be appropriately tailored. Trousers should not be tucked into socks unless specifically designed for the purpose. Military/Cargo style trousers/shorts, those with drawstring waistbands or baggy patch pockets and tracksuit bottoms, are not permitted.
- When wearing shorts/skirts/skorts, socks may be any length – including no-show. White is preferred but may be coloured to match outfits. Football style socks are not permitted. Rolled down socks are also not permitted.
- Shoes. Only regulation golf shoes may be worn.
In the Clubhouse
- Smart casual dress is required at all times.
- Denim wear is not permitted in the clubhouse.
- Hats/Caps/Visors are not permitted.
- Dirty or soiled clothing is not permitted anywhere in the clubhouse. The main lounge may not be used after play unless you change out of your golfing attire.
- Mobile Phones are not permitted to be used in the clubhouse.
- Smoking is not permitted in the clubhouse or on the balcony, you can smoke in designated areas.
- May be worn in any part of the clubhouse prior to playing golf. Thereafter only in the casual bar.
- No trainers or flip-flops. No bare or stockinged feet. Golf shoes must not be worn anywhere in the clubhouse except the changing rooms.
Carol Bell (Hon Sec and Webmaster)